I'd like to be able to have a object dialogue along the lines of:

right click object>
    Hide->
    Hide from-

• Red
    • Yellow
    • Blue
    • Etc

Fog of war, although cool, doesn't seem to provide the means for properly hiding objects in more intricate board games like DnD tabletop. For example I'd like to be able to fog out a room that hasn't been seen yet but retain the ability to keep things like traps hidden from players completely even once they have entered a room and the fog has lifted. As it stands I can't really use fog of war to hide anything on a tile because players can quite clearly see that there would be a trap there.

Yeah, at the moment the best thing to do is to procedurally generate the dungeon

With a UI button and a simple script you can make objects visible to only some players.

As to the FOW, yes it is lacking. I created my own version of the FoW which is available in my latest RPG Framework. Basically the GM divides contents into predetermined areas. Each piece of content has one or more areas associated with it and then the GM has a very simple text box into which he types the area name to reveal it. Consider a hall and two rooms. The hall might have the key "hall". The first room might have the key "Room 1" but the wall between this room and the next would have both the key "Room1" and "Room2". Similarly the walls facing the hall would have the keys "Hall" in addition to the room key. When the players walk into the hall the GM enters Hall into the text box and the hall is revealed. Since the walls of the room facing the hall also had the key "Hall" they are also revealed but none of the actual room contents. Not if the players go into the second room, for example, the GM types "Room2" and room 2 is revealed. Since the wall between the rooms has both keys, it will be revealed either when when the players enter room 1 or room 2. This method requires preparation by the GM but is fairly powerful. I put the keywords in the description so the GM can easily see the area name when he/she mouses over the content. This method also allows a GM to control if contents of areas will be seen immediately. For example, if a foe is hiding in a room, the GM can mark it with a slightly different key thus allowing the room to be revealed without revealing the foe. My convention is to use R# for rooms, C# for creatures, H# for halls and S# for secret areas. But that is just my convention.

If you are interested in looking at the framework you can get it at:

[url]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1933835157[/url]

The features video also demonstrates, among other features, the FoW implementation:

[url]https://youtu.be/-lV9-ZM6i3g[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by LordAshes View Post
    With a UI button and a simple script you can make objects visible to only some players.
    How, exactly? I can't think of any scripting functions that could do that

yeah... not sure how that works.... elaborate.

You can "stack" hidden zones. So make a script to move them all to the same scale and location. This will not do exactly what you want but you can get some interesting visible / hidden effects this way.

I agree, I would love a hidden zone you could add and remove players from in the UI and with the API... that would be awesome sauce.