Thread: Updated Logo

Updated Logo

Hey guys,

I've updated the logo and would just like to get your input compared to the old. It has the same look and feel, I just updated some of the graphics (like the dice, chess pieces & cards).

Thanks!

Updated Logo

Hi Kimi! I looks much better. But that darned cross is still causing some problems. Did you do this in Illustrator?

Updated Logo

Thanks Djemps! I did indeed do it in Illustrator. The cross is much better than the old one, but I have to do it separately from the rest of the piece. Any suggestions to help me improve it would be appreciated!

Updated Logo

Here's my quick take on it.

I made a small cross with an itsy bitsy touch of rounded corners. I assume you made the 3D part with an Extrude / Bevel effect. I have no clue what your original resolution is, so the correct extrusion depth and height are a mystery, just try to make it slightly thinner than the width of the cross' beams. (Edit: On closer inspection, the depth of the extrusion might be slightly thicker than the cross beams. Oh well.)

My rotations are: X -49, Y -37, Z +154. But that's still just eyeballing it.

Anyhow, maybe this will be of help!

Updated Logo

I actually think everything looks nice, including the shape of the cross, I just think you need to make it less black and more like its base, out of the whole picture its like three shades darker then any other thing.

Updated Logo

I agree with jay, it looks great, just a little too dark on that cross.

Also, I got bored and remade it inside the game

Updated Logo

NightCrest said

Or you can just do that! Nice!

Updated Logo

I like it!
    The two things I would point out are I've never seen a horizontal face on die (like the '6's on all the shown die) and the top of the king looks a bit funny.
    Overall, though, I think it's nice.
    NightCrest said

I agree with jay, it looks great, just a little too dark on that cross.

Well you win this thread.

Updated Logo

^ I agree with QQuixotic about the dice, and I suppose you already know by now that the king looks a little off.

Updated Logo

Thanks for the input everyone! I won't be changing the dice cause even though it's not "legit", I like how it looks haha. (Plus I just tried and it got all funky). But I will look into the King and see if I can fix that up a wee bit

And nice remake inside the game NightCrest xD

Updated Logo

Here's the updated King:

Updated Logo

Kimi said

Here's the updated King:

+1 (pun intended) I would still say the cross face is still not normal just because you have the roundness of the piece being created from the top left being the light source and from that angle the cross would be right in the light, but if we are not being picky about it then the over all image now looks great.

Also I collect dice and do have one that has the 6's turned to its side, my only one and thought it has the professional weight I dont believe anyone would ever use it for games that they want to be viewed as using the legal ruleset.

Updated Logo

jay_rab said

Kimi said

Here's the updated King:

+1 (pun intended) I would still say the cross face is still not normal just because you have the roundness of the piece being created from the top left being the light source and from that angle the cross would be right in the light, but if we are not being picky about it then the over all image now looks great.

Also I collect dice and do have one that has the 6's turned to its side, my only one and thought it has the professional weight I dont believe anyone would ever use it for games that they want to be viewed as using the legal ruleset.

Do you have this logo available without the orange background? (transparent background, foreground image only?) Looking for a high-res, no-background version to put onto some T-shirts to raise awareness about TTS at GenCon next month.

Updated Logo

Here ya go:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/PysZ2l0d0ofIN9CuX_OnV0Kmb22QPuQcZlqYaWPpmMWKPJb8BL pw2zcckMWrWz0mZvoj9Q=w1896-h835

Thanks for doing this!

Updated Logo

Kimi said

Here ya go:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/PysZ2l0d0ofIN9CuX_OnV0Kmb22QPuQcZlqYaWPpmMWKPJb8BL pw2zcckMWrWz0mZvoj9Q=w1896-h835

Thanks for doing this!

Link didn't work, but em suggested I download the file via the press kit.. ta da!