Thread: Infinite Containers

Infinite Containers

When playing poker, RPGs and board games, you often have piles of objects that all players need to use. (money, dice, chips, etc.)

I propose a tick box that sets a container of something to infinite - basically the number of items in that pile is frozen, so you can infinitely draw/deposit items in the stack.

The items that this property could be applied to are: decks, stacks of chips, bags - any container really.

Now obviously these containers might contain more than one type of object, so with 'infinite' on, these items should return the item that is on top of the pile regardless of whatever else is in the container.

This would mean that you could have bags of infinite dice, an infinite poker chip bank, or endless 'decks' of monopoly notes. Obviously it would be advisable for GMs to limit this role to officers, so people can't make their own piles of money infinite.

I have some experience with Unity, and if the containers work like I think they do, then hopefully this wouldn't be too hard to implement.

+1 - yah IDK how difficult it'd be but they already did it with one object - the Go chip bowl. I use those all the time together with loot bags as counters, they are super useful. So I'd imagine it's possible somehow...

Well I imagine there is a List in the container object that holds the objects - all infinite mode would need to do is if infinite == true, don't reveal the stored object, instantiate a new copy. For destruction, if infinite is on, don't add it to the list, just destroy it. Obviously the issue is that only objects of the appropriate type should be destroyed - other objects should be left alone, otherwise you'll have a sink capable of destroying any piece.

This could be done another way if you want something infinite.... the feature could work like the following: you lock an item in place -> rclick -> tick a box 'draw infinite'.
    That way the item is displayed and everytime you draw on it, it gives you a copy of itself. This way if you lock a stack and set it to draw infinite, you draw a copy of the stack so it gives you more options

As far as container configuration, I would like to have containers that only accept a certain item which obviously needs to be set by the user.

Just thought I'd give this one a bump since we've now got custom bags at our disposal.

I'd quite like to see this one get implemented at some point in the near future. Either as an addition to the custom bag ability or as a new different kind of custom container for all the reasons already stated. A bag that only contains one kind of item for a game could even have that item added during the containers creation.

[URL="http://berserk-games.com/knowledgebase/upcoming-features/"]In the works.[/URL]

I had no idea that page even existed

I'm going to have to start paying more attention

Haha it's actually a new page - I created it sometime last week when I put out The Scoop #6. So there will be a lot more added to it.

Haha it's actually a new page
    Now that was sneaky

There's a page deserving of bookmark I think

This was added in today's [URL="http://berserk-games.com/112015-update-v6-0-new-dlcs-new-tools-infinite-spawner-much-much-more/"]update v6.0[/URL], thanks!