Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

I'm having a super hard time getting TTS to upload my assets to steam cloud, but noticed that you TTS Backup mod can do it.. but you wouldn't happen to have a way to mass do it for all the files in the mod? It only seems to work on right click upload.... not for mass seelct upload... maybe rebase dose something? I can not get it to work.

See my problem here...

[url]https://forums.tabletopsimulator.com/showthread.php?8267-TTS-Cloud-Manager-will-NOT-upload-anything-to-the-cloud&p=27157#post27157[/url]

PS: I have also posted yo uthis message on the TTS Fourm as I did not know how to contact you.

Just wanted to say that your app solved my problems, but manually uploading each one... thanks a million man...

Just wanted to say if you ever get time, putting a MASS UPLOAD would be awesome to use instead of clicking each file one at a time.

Hey,

I've been trying to backup a mod where the author has uploaded files to google drive. Apparently each download of those files give a 403. I assume because the program is using a browser client setting in the headers that isn't allowed by google drive.

I don't see a way to change it in the options of the program, does anyone have an idea what trick that could be used to make it work ? Maybe some kind of proxy to put in between that changes the headers for each download ?

If the tool is still being worked on by someone, an option to change the download client would be very much appreciated !

example of a file TTS Mod backup tool can't download

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B42Yr9OZx2KERFI0Ni1ma01Xbmc

ps: if you decide to click this file here and it works this is normal cause you are using a browser ... it's the tool that can't download it ...

Just released V 1.5.3, this version will now also download assets that are contained in bags (oops).

I just tried to run TTS Mod Backup 2.0.18 (uploaded to NexusMods on 3/26/20), and it seems that TTS 12.3 broke it. I now get this error message when I launch the app: "Could not load type 'VersionDeserializationBinder' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'."

I get this error when I launch the app, as it is reading the mod list. I removed the SettingsCat file and it gives the same error. It worked just a few days ago, so I suspect it has something to do with TTS 12.3 which was just released today. Other than this hiccup, this app has been working very well. Thank you for creating it!

Since it could be a few days before Froghut updates Nexus Mods with the latest version here it is 2.0.19, I got it through the update feature in TTSMB.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/htv1iahrbr3kttt/TTS_Mod_Backup_2.0.19.7z/file

i love this mod but it is so hard to deal with it. could you maybe make it more user friendly? for example by making a "sort by date" filter? especially if we get TTS Mod updates which have new files, but only json updates, they are never listed on top of the list. we always need to painfully scroll down and pick them 1 by 1. and the search feature also doesnt help, because when we mark a mod, and search for the next, and markt this one with STRG+LMB too, then the last mark disappears.

so.. is it possible to change the list, so every updated mod will be listed on top, regardless of there being new files or only json update?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Since it could be a few days before Froghut updates Nexus Mods with the latest version here it is 2.0.19, I got it through the update feature in TTSMB.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/htv1iahrbr3kttt/TTS_Mod_Backup_2.0.19.7z/file
    Fantastic, that did the trick! Thanks Froghut for the quick update, and thanks Sorceror for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    <link removed>
    Quote Originally Posted by Framistan View Post
    Fantastic, that did the trick! Thanks Froghut for the quick update, and thanks Sorceror for the link!
    Sorcerer,
    While I'm sure you are a decent fellow and have only the best intentions in mind; it's a bad idea to distribute copies of software that you did not create. Even if it seems like you are being helpful, acting outside of the developer's distribution process is dangerous and hurts the community by encouraging very risky behavior.

To anyone considering this download link,
    Do you want to get wrecked with malware?
    Because this is how you get wrecked with malware.

Quote Originally Posted by JJAMESON View Post
    Sorcerer,
    While I'm sure you are a decent fellow and have only the best intentions in mind; it's a bad idea to distribute copies of software that you did not create. Even if it seems like you are being helpful, acting outside of the developer's distribution process is dangerous and hurts the community by encouraging very risky behavior.

To anyone considering this download link,
    Do you want to get wrecked with malware?
    Because this is how you get wrecked with malware.
    If you don't want to download it don't, if any Malware is in this file it would be from the Original Author since all I did was download the updated exe and upload it. Froghut is known to do this, a update where only way you can get it is use the built in Updater, which you can not get since TTS Mod Back 2.0.18 Crashes with the latest TTS Update. An it can take Months before a fixed version is released on Nexus Mod.

If you are wondering how I got this update it is easy this was figured out last time this happen if you have the Assembly-CSharp.dll file that is in the release before TTS is updated you can put it in the TTS Mod Backup folder and it will not crash.

Your Comments are rude and its not as if I am uploading Pirated Software TTS Mod Backup is Freeware, files all over the internet are uploaded and mirrored by people that did not create the software. You should scan any files you download even software by the Original Creator since any software can have Malware.

@ JJAMESON

The file in mediafire should be safe. I tested it and it has no malware or such. Did you even test it before you accuse of malware? lol

Here this is the virustotal (reanalyzed) from v 2.0.18

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/cc22e583571ab804d4600713888ae379dec4236d34eb92b404 b0985f8b194d68/detection

as you can see, 4 false alerts (this is the version original from nexusmods. so nexusmods also knows that these are false alerts, or else it wouldnt allow v 2.0.18 on nexusmods)

and this is the virustotal of v 2.0.19:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b3a1bff8640af2db736002e8bb313576118e6c9585ebb1a91b b444b644d777d0/detection

5 false alerts, and basically exactly the same false alerts. so if you accuse the mirrored file above, you need to accuse the original 2.0.18 on nexusmods, too. lol.

TTS modback is known to make false alerts know and then because of its hooking behaviour. it hooks into your TTS.exe and Steam to read out your mods and stuff (since the newer versions. in the past it worked differently).

and asSorcerer already said, you totally dont need to download it. he/she probably just wanted to do something good and share it as a mirrored file since he/she found out how to still get the update without making TTSMB 2.0.18 crash.

nothing against you, mate. i know you are only worried about safety and i appreciate that. but compare both virus totals. they are close to identical and i believe it is the original right update, since we all can test it, too. Sorcerer even revealed how he/she got the update so instead of downloading, you can just do the same as him/her and get the Assembly-CSharp.dll to prevent ttsmb 2.0.18 from crashing. that way you can get 2.0.19 update and then upload it do virustotal to check the results and to see if the mirrored version is 1:1 the same as your update you got.

So I dunno if Froghut still checks this thread, but I thought I'd ask (appreciate the work, it's a godsend for mod makers).

Is there any chance at all of having the "Upload this asset to Steamcloud and replace URL" to be able to specify a folder to upload to rather than the root directory?
    Also, could it be possible to add a filter to hide steamcloud URLs from the Contained URLs list?

Finally, the latest changelog states "- Fix urls contained in lua code not being found", however when I try download and check assets for invalid links on a save file with a known broken link in the lua code, it doesn't register it as a broken link. Is this a bug?

Also, is there an explanation as to what "Rebase mod" means? It also gives a crash if you try and do it on a save file.

Hi Froghut,

First I have to say: Thanks for this wonderful and important tool you made here. It is actually mandatory for a "serious" TTS user... ;-)
    Similar to the "Upload to Steamcloud and replace URL" thing, I have an idea going one step further:

I think it would be fine to have a mirror function, i.e. a TTS game can be copied to another/mirror web server and replacing the links in the JSON, so that it can be used together with other players. I did some thinking on it, and considered doing a little tool by myself. But to be honest I am not a very experienced programmer and it would cost me a ton of time. On the other hand, you have all the needed parts already in your program, so it should be quite easy to add this function (I hope).

My thoughts on this:
    * When starting the mirror function, a destination folder (UNC path) for the assets can be chosen. This is the root folder comparable to the "...\Tabletop Simulator\Mods" folder. Within this, subfolders are created automatically for audio, images, models, etc. like in the original mods folder.
    * Then a URL base path can be specified:
    ** If specified: The assets are stored in the UNC path given above, but the links in the JSON file will be created using the base URL + filename. In this case the mirror function will create a clone of the original mod, hosted on a web server, thus being accessible for everyone.
    ** If omitted: The assets are stored in the UNC path, which is also used for the links in the JSON file. In this case a local mirror will be created, not accessable for others. I admit that this option may not make so much sense now, but I do not know what happens in the future, and maybe TTS will remove assets from the cache if a mod is take down on the Workshop in the future. Then this would be a way to safely store the assets in another location while have a working JSON using them.
    * When downloading files (in case they are already downloaded they are just copied), they are stored by there real names, not these long random names created by the steamcloud. So, if the file is on steamcloud take the filename and strip everything before the first underscore (e.g. "A7720E3E4C46F8A730F4C2849ED5633B807D7E48_Pandemie _Rollen_Rueck.jpg" would become "Pandemie_Rollen_Rueck.jpg"). If the file is somewhere else, just take the filename as it is.
    * The JSON file is updated to have the asset links to the destination path (UNC or URL) instead of the original URLs and stored according to options.

Example:
    * UNC path: "\\server\web\TTS\gamename\" .. this is the web share on my LAN, used by the webserver
    * URL path: "http://www.domain.com/TTS/gamename" .. this is the URL, which is also accessible from outside, pointing to the exact same location given above
    * Your program would download/copy all assets into subfolder (e.g. \Images, \Models, ...) of the UNC path (e.g. \\server\web\TTS\gamename\Images\board.jpg)
    * The JSON file would be copied and all links would be replaced with the given URL + filenames (e.g. http://www.domain.com/TTS/gamename/Images/board.jpg)

What do you think of this?
    br, Dieter

i think he isnt checking this board anymore. since TTS Modbackup has some serious user-unfriendly stuff which need a fix since begin with now, and it was never fixed, although the bugs were stated here all the time.
    i appreciate his work, but im also annoyed that he isnt really listening to bug reports and to feature advices for more user friendlyness in ttsmb. especially when alot of mods get non.file updates (only json updates) they are never listed on top, so we need to scroll down a freaking long mod list to click on the, for backing up lol. and search option wont hlep bc we need to do it 1 by 1 anyways, since marking by search option will delete the marking when searching a new. you you cant mark all at once via search option either. besides the Font bug is annoying, when special characters are in the name like , , or other languages, so they get corrupted and instead of "" there is maybe amp&amp&///?? stuff like that for one stupid letter lol

besides windows defender started to see the newest ttsmb v 2.0.20 as a virus again.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    SOLVED

Finally found a solution for this.... right click on the exe, select properties and go into COMPATIBILITY.. then click CHANGE HIGH DPI SETTINGS and tick OVERRIDE HIGH DPI SCALING.... and then set it to SYSTEM.
    Thanks!!! That definitely fixed that issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsbalance View Post
    i think he isnt checking this board anymore...
    I think, "What a pitty..." ;-)
    Anyone, who wants to take over... and earn all the honor? I mean, let's be honest, we need such a tool, actually it should be built right into TTS anyways! Unfortunately I lack time and - most importantly - capabilities to do so... :-(

cant you remove the LUA thingy? it is confusing and not needed and gives false positive for alot of mods

Remove it or at least add a Option to disable it, because from what I can see it does not download any files and it can not mark the links as invalid so your mods when you back them up say there missing files.

Hi, with the latest version (2.0.22) I get this error when I try to download a mod using its ID (from menu Tools > Download Mod from Workshop ID) :
    Error downloading Workshop Mod: Unable to load the type 'PhysicsStateDeserializationBinder' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

On the prompt window I just enter the integer after the ?id= in the url, maybe it's my mistake ? It's the first time I use this feature.
    Thanks

please, can you make ttsmb so, that all new updates will be shown on top of the list? it is hell when i get 60 mod updates a day and most of them have no new files. this causes me in searching and searching. if i could at least use the search feature properly, but when i mark one mod and search for a new, the marking disappears. its extremely user unfriendly this way, to look for all updates by hand, to scroll down the list of 10000 mods by hand.

TTS modbackup is buggy with LUA Stuff. I get an error here:

Error during backup: ~\Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator\Mods\httpttsrobinomiconcomversion

This only happens with this Mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2006760043&searchtext=bmg+3rd

It seems to be related to this Link in the LUA Code of the Mod: http://tts.robinomicon.com/version
    It is pre-marked as Invalid (yellow marked). When I change the mark into red (valid), I can back it up properly. But if its invalid (yellow), it gives me the error I was talking about.
    Last edited by ttsbalance; 06-07-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Oye necesito feature for TTS Mod Backup May be selecting favorite mods, so yo can download the updated files for the mods you usually use easily. Also, a report of the updates as described in the mod workshop pages may be nice too.

is there an issue with the way tts mod backup saves the backup files? when i move the folder with my back ups and another backup occurs for the same mods and i want to move them into the main folder, i cant overwrite them. it always says "file name too long". but the file name was like 20 signs long macimal and the path was directly in D:\
    this issue happens for all single .ttsmod backed up file. i never can overwrite them each others, always get the file name too long error. why?

Hi... been using TTSbackup for a while now and it is a must have tool for serious modding imo... fantastic work...

I have a feature suggestion that I thin would really help modders fix broken mods...

: Suggestion : Have a right click on mod or save option to export to clipboard or a text file all the erroring files in the mod as a list.

Basically, when you try and download if there are failed files, at the moment you need to click on each and "copy url"... this allows you get a list of broken links and use a text edtor to find those links in the save file and then fix them. This is fine for a few, but a pain if you have like say 30 or something.

I think it would be awesome to automate that process by having an option to copy all failed links into a text file. Maybe even keeping the "headings" like "mesh" or "deck" so it is easier to read.

Anyway, just a thought... hope you read this and are well.

--Tragic

I have tried this mod, great. thank you. Please update any updates. I also downloaded Kinemaster Pro mod apk to edit the screenshot before showing it off to my friends
    bạn c thể tải n tại https://bhcmod.com/apps/kinemaster-pro/

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast