Thread: Card Sizes

Card Sizes

I am trying to create custom cards but when I try to import them into the game from the editor they are too large and I can' rescale them to the standard card size anyone know how to fix this?

you can hit + or - to resize them and then save them in the size that you want.

When creating your cards in Blender, 1 blender unit seems to be 1 grid in TTS. So you can measure those cards pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
    you can hit + or - to resize them and then save them in the size that you want.

When creating your cards in Blender, 1 blender unit seems to be 1 grid in TTS. So you can measure those cards pretty well.
    Using a plane (flat polygon mesh/two sided) or box/cube? I haven't experimented to see if TTS treats planes as two sided.

The issue With using planes in TTS is the number of normal's a plane has.
    Briefly, a normal is where and in which direction the material (the image) is placed and faced on a mesh. Now Blender does support double sided normals but I'm pretty certain OBJ files do not. So using a plane for a card would give you an image on one side in TTS and probably make the card vanish when you flipped it over.
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 09-22-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Good to know Lucky seven..(will need to check the settings for the forum..currently don't know when comments are posted on a thread I'm watching.) Found a great MOD in the workshop where someone awesome has put together card texture examples. Haven't checked it out in TTS..will probably soon though.

yah if you're gunna use a plane then you have to use "Solidify" on it after you are done, before you export it to OBJ, which will give it a thickness dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven81 View Post
    yah if you're gunna use a plane then you have to use "Solidify" on it after you are done, before you export it to OBJ, which will give it a thickness dimension.
    Will definitely try that TheRaven81. You probably saved me 2 hours wondering what the hell to do :-)