Thread: Which cloud storage works with TTS from China?

Which cloud storage works with TTS from China?

What cloud storage in China works with TTS? A friend of mine can't play some games with me because most game objects are hosted on Dropbox or pastebin (both are blocked in China).

I will have to move .obj files from mods to that other storage which will be a pain, but at least I want to know upfront if it will work with that service. Any recommendations?

The service will have to have a public folder or something like that to link the files.

I don't really know an answer to your question, but as a workaround you could use my [URL="http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/showthread.php?1362-TTS-Mod-Backup-tool"]TTS Mod Backup tool[/URL] to create a backup containing all assets of the mods you want to play and just send the backup files to your friend. He can use the tool to restore or just extract the backup files since they are basically only zip files.

Will the files then work in his mod? Doesnt the mod try to resolve the URLs because he thinks that he already got the files from the URLs? (but got it from the tool?)

The tool donwloads all assets in the same way and to the same locations as TTS would - so if you restore a backup and load the mod in TTS it will use the local (downloaded) files. TTS should not try to download the assets as it will find them already locally. At least I'm pretty sure thats how it should work

Thnx, will try this out!

This would only work if you make sure your friend has the "Mod Caching" turned on, so that then when TTS goes to look for the image online and does not find it, it will use the image stored in the cache instead.

My friend tried it and it worked without any additional settings. Just so you guys know if you have friends behind some kind of firewalls like China. I have to send him every mod as a file (I use the .exe provided by the cool tool, thnx again!) but then we can play the mods.