Thread: Early Access Release v1.0 - Bug Reports Feedback

Early Access Release v1.0 - Bug Reports Feedback

I should have done this yesterday but it was a crazy day, so the old one is now locked and this is for the Steam Release + DRM-free v1.0 Release!

Features:

[*]Added 5 more RPG Figurines: Wyvern, Cyclops, Kobold, Skeleton Knight, Manticora
    [*]CardBots: Build and Destroy game mode has been added for our highest Kickstarter backer, Geremy George
    [*]You can now mouse over a dice and type a number to have to rotate to that number (great for keeping track of number or a count down)
    [*]Optimized the amount of bandwidth to sync physics objects with clients
    [*]Hover over an object and pressing ‘ALT’ will enlarged that object (great for checking dice rolls or reading cards)
    [*]You can now name your saves so you can more easily keep track of your custom games
    [*]FPS spectator camera style has been added with ALT + WASD in combination with RMB, if you want old pan you can ALT + LOWER/TAP or the arrow keys
    Bugs, Fixes, and Minor Changes

[*]The desync floating object bug when you first connect to a server should be resolved
    [*]Fixed some prediction bugs at high ping – objects should no longer seem to clip through the ground
    [*]Added links to the website, facebook, and twitter on the main menu of the game
    [*]New chat sound has been added
    [*]Grid system can now be be disabled in the Host Options menu
    [*]Tileset Frozen state now saves and loads properly
    [*]It is now much easier to pick up multiple dice
    [*]Objects will no longer float if you drop more than one on the same grid coordinate
    [*]Custom cards should no longer be redownloaded when rewinding if the custom decks are the same
    [*]Alt + tabbing no longer will zoom you out
    [*]Custom board now gradually scales, this should stop objects from getting stuck inside
    [*]Spawn menu for the RPG Kit has been improved by moving the creatures into categories
    [*]Windows will now automatically recenter even if you resize the game at any time
    [*]Selecting RPG will now change the table to the large felt table so nothing falls off
    [*]Splash screen no longer overlaps on lower resolution
    [*]Slightly shrunk RPG figurines and fixed some of the colliders
    [*]Piecepack has been fixed up with the proper pieces
    [*]Goblin second mode is now a slingshot to add some range options
    [*]Fixed typo on “too weak to flip the table”'
    Known Issues

[*]Piecepack is not working for anyone other than the host

so apparently, both my friends were holding a die and spaming 6 on it, causing it to float into the air http://puu.sh/8f7wQ.jpg

For some reason, everything except for the piecepack-related besides dice. can't be picked up by anyone except for the admin in multiplayer. Other players can still push them around with other objects, but only the host can just grab them.

Dead RPG figures don't stay dead after save and reload.

Scrolling to zoom doesn't appear to work with a Thinkpad middle button scroll from the Trackpoint.

Had an issue where custom cards' pictures would appear for the client, but the guest would only see black cards.

to reply to the post in the other forum...
    jay_rab said
    also the one bug that was kinda hard to reproduce with the tilesets randomly exploding, I managed to get a save file that can reproduce it if you take my dungeon: http://www.nexusmods.com/table…..r/mods/10/? and go and load it just keep clicking on the save and soon it will explode.

Yeah I noticed that when I was building my dominoes stack, basically when you spam a load what happens is the game will try and load both at the same time, so two of every item occupying the same space. IMHO it doesn't effect normal game play so I don't see it as an issue.

this also happens with the undo button from time to time.

Kimi said

[*]Custom board now gradually scales, this should stop objects from getting stuck inside
    This is causing another issue now. When I load in a savegame on the large table with pieces on the edge of the board, the board spawns in small and the pieces fall off of it and then the board grows and pushes the pieces as it enlarges.

Also it re-enlarges every time I hit back/forward which seems unnecessary.

NightCrest said

Kimi said

This is causing another issue now. When I load in a savegame on the large table with pieces on the edge of the board, the board spawns in small and the pieces fall off of it and then the board grows and pushes the pieces as it enlarges.

Also it re-enlarges every time I hit back/forward which seems unnecessary.

I have also noticed since this change that custom cards will randomly rotate out of position. It gets really frustrating over the course of a long game as sometimes it can be 5-6 cards and they don't stop

In this example all decks started off straight:

http://i.imgur.com/Joy81L9.jpg

PNG loading for custom cards seems to have issues sometimes. The colors end up totally off. Here is an example:

Input Image:

http://puu.sh/8guSD.png

Ingame result:

http://puu.sh/8gxI6.jpg

If I edit the save to use a JPEG instead, it works fine though:

http://puu.sh/8gykN.jpg

The saves used in the example:
    PNG: http://puu.sh/8gyqZ.cjc
    JPEG: http://puu.sh/8gyxi.cjc

When a person hits the join button more than once (due to lag), not only does it spam join messages, but it also causes multiple cards to be dealt to a person.

This can potentially break card-based games such as Cards Against Humanity.

More issues:
    - The dice from Piecepack are not in the spawn list and cannot be set to a face by using the number keys.
    - Mahjong pieces are not in the spawn list.
    - The metal marble seen in the Sandbox game mode is not in the spawn list.
    - Marbles are listed in the spawn list under Chinese Checkers, even though they are a quite generic item that is also used in Pachisi. Their category should be labeled Marbles.
    - Marbles sound more like christmas ornaments than solid orbs.
    - Marbles have very inaccurate deceleration. They lose a huge amount of their speed very quickly, then proceed to barely lose any at all, rolling slowly.
    - Stacked objects do not get lifted the proper distance if flipped over. This is especially noticeable with large stacks of poker chips, where if oriented one way they get picked up fine, but if flipped over they don't rise off the table at all.
    - Flipping tall stacks becomes quite slow. With a stack of 100 poker chips, rotating downward 90 degrees takes around five seconds, while rotating upward 90 degrees takes around thirty seconds.
    - The fancy table has a raised glass center, but boards ignore it. The worst example of this is Backgammon, which looks like this: http://puu.sh/8gLk6.jpg
    - The custom board reloads every time you undo or redo.
    - All poker chips appear rotated 90 degrees clockwise when you mouse over them with alt held. The same is true for the quarter.
    - The picture for the poker table shows a chip rack at the dealer's position, but there isn't one available in game.
    - The large view of an item when alt is held is drawn in the same pass as the cursor. In some cases this means that the object ends up with the cursor partially inside of it.
    - If you rotate a figurine onto its side, when looking at it with alt it shows the side that is down, not the one that is up.
    - The D6s have far less relief compared to the numbered dice. The plastic one looks exceptionally bad because it looks entirely flat. It should have each dot be at least normal mapped to a full half sphere indent.

Hyphero said

When a person hits the join button more than once (due to lag), not only does it spam join messages, but it also causes multiple cards to be dealt to a person.

This can potentially break card-based games such as Cards Against Humanity.

ah so that is what happened, I saw this happen in my server thankfully I had another color open and asked the player to move to it and this resolved the issue.

Also are the piecepack items suppose to be admin only? all the multiplayer games I have hosted the players could push the pieces around but I was the only one able to actually pick it up.

jay_rab said
    Also are the piecepack items suppose to be admin only? all the multiplayer games I have hosted the players could push the pieces around but I was the only one able to actually pick it up.

They've said that that's a known issue, and they're looking into it.

em said

jay_rab said

They've said that that's a known issue, and they're looking into it.

Im actually ok with this and most of the players who went into my server where ok with this as well. they thought it was amusing to be able to push it around but not pick it up, and having a set of items that the host can use is actually ideal, like if the admin wants to be the only one to move the piece around that is being used to tell whose turn it is

Just wanted to add an issue with the cards/dice when you place dice on a card, if you press undo or when you have a save with dice that are above a card and load the save the card will switch with the dice and be on top of them instead of below, this issue is largely troublesome with the cardbot game as it relies on health and charge counters for the cards, here is the video:

Nice Catch Jay_Rab!

I'm guessing the Piecepack dice are treated internally as modeled cubes with a skin rather than as dice, which is why we can't shake them to randomize, nor force them to a face.

The backgammon background is wrong. To aid counting, the colours of the triangles should go BWBWBWBWBWBW.
    However, on TTS, the middle triangles have the same colour - e.g. BWBWBWWBWBWB.
    This is confusing and stuffs up your ability to count in 2's using the colour-coding.

I've had a reproducible bug where I've set up a multiplayer server with a password on it, left my computer, and then an hour later to find lots of strangers using my board!

It definitely, definitely had a password on it, so how is it possible for others to use? One possibility I can tell you is that I do sometimes log into Steam on another computer, so does that mean I 'relinquish' control of my multiplayer game as soon as I sign out?

If that's an intended feature, wouldn't it be better to shut down that server rather than leave it open to outsiders? What if I were trying to design my own top-secret board game and then found that lots of strangers were able to come online and see what I was up to?

David J. Bodycombe said

I've had a reproducible bug where I've set up a multiplayer server with a password on it, left my computer, and then an hour later to find lots of strangers using my board! It definitely, definitely had a password on it

They still can guess the password as many times as they would like, and if your password was something like 123, tabletop, or bodycombe then its more likely that it was found out.

jay_rab said
    They still can guess the password as many times as they would like, and if your password was something like 123, tabletop, or bodycombe then its more likely that it was found out.

Nope, it wasn't even a dictionary word and it wasn't guessable IMHO. (Not sure why anyone would bother with an attack, given that they can set up their own server...?)

Games where the movement pieces are dice currently don't work because, even if you move the pieces VERY slowly and carefully, the dice is 'scrambled' when you let go of the die.

Also, the piece shadow is impossible to see on a black game board.

David J. Bodycombe said

Games where the movement pieces are dice currently don't work because, even if you move the pieces VERY slowly and carefully, the dice is 'scrambled' when you let go of the die.

Also, the piece shadow is impossible to see on a black game board.

Hmmm…. I wonder what game you were playing?