Thread: Update v6.4 Tiny Epic Galaxies DLC, Multiple States & Lots of Improvements

Update v6.4 Tiny Epic Galaxies DLC, Multiple States & Lots of Improvements

A Thursday update?? It’s definitely not our norm, but we wanted to have an extra day to check this one in case any issues come up.

For this update, we’ve got the Tiny Epic Galaxies DLC by Gamelyn Games, the 1st Expansion to Darkest Night added and the brand new Multiple States! You can read more about it below, but it will really enhance your gameplay, especially for RPGs!

DLC - Tiny Epic Galaxies
    • We’re happy to have partnered with [URL="http://www.gamelyngames.com"]Gamelyn Games[/URL] to bring [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/437590"]Tiny Epic Galaxies[/URL] to life in Tabletop Simulator!
    • Gamelyn Games makes different Tiny Epic games and their latest one is currently on Kickstarter - [URL="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/tiny-epic-western"]Tiny Epic Western[/URL]! Check it out!
    • [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/437590"]Tiny Epic Galaxies[/URL] is available for $4.99 with a launch discount of 10%.
    • It can be played solo or up to 5 players!
    • Only the host needs to own all of our DLCs.

DLC - Darkest Night 1st expansion
    • The [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/433520/"]Darkest Night DLC[/URL] has been updated to include the 1st expansion for FREE!
    • With An Inner Light introduces a quest system that requires the heroes to respond to crises throughout the kingdom and offers new ways to acquire items and powers. The expansion also adds four new playable heroes (the Crusader, Monk, Paragon, and Shaman) as well as new event and artifact cards.
    • You can read more about the 1st expansion on Victory Point Games [URL="http://www.victorypointgames.com/darkest-night-expansion-1-with-an-inner-light.html"]website[/URL].

Multiple States
    • You can now create multiple states for a single object.
    • Name each object and hover over the objects, right click and choose states.
    • They will now be grouped into one object.
    • When you hover over an object grouped into States, it will show an icon letting you know.
    • You can use the number hotkeys (1,2,3, etc) to switch between them, or right click to get the States menu.
    • Hovering over each number will tell you what the object is if you named them properly.
    • States are great for making pages in a book, any kind of RPG for characters when they are changing their moods and much MUCH more!
    • The gif below gives you a basic idea of how it can be used.

Tablet for Linux (EXPERIMENTAL)
    • We’ve been working hard to get Linux working for tablet.
    • So this is an experimental phase to see what we can get right.
    • Please test this out and let us know of any issues that come up.

Card Naming
    • Stacking cards will now remember name/description and any other extra attributes added to them.
    • Cards held in player hands will not show their name.
    • Cards flipped over will not show their name.
    • This will be more important in the future with the planned search revamp.

Improvements
    • A checkbox has been added in the Custom Deck menu to choose whether you want the Back image to be hidden or not.
    • Added new word clamping “…” tooltip to other menus (Workshop, Load, Save, and Notebook)
    • Removed the Notes “show/hide” button as you can hide/show Notes in the new UI configuration menu.
    • Description field added to tooltip when it’s hovered for long enough. (So it will now show where the “Name” tag is as well).
    • Hand Icons have been added for bags, chips, cards, and states so you know what mode objects are in.
    • Removed chat messages for the Blindfold to prevent confusion.
    • Added 2D Text Tool Pointer when in use.
    • Lift height of cards removed from hand / flicker when dropped.
    • Cards and decks can now be picked up with sticky option on other objects.
    • Reworked how ESC works by first removing all opens windows then opening the ESC menu.
    • You can now use Tab to swap between name and description in contextual.
    • Loading tokens is now nice and smooth.

Fixes
    • Fixed issues with Magnify, ALT Zoom, & Line tool being usable through the blindfolds.
    • Fixed issue chat font size not remaining persistent when going back to the main menu.
    • Fixed issue with Reversi chip showing $0 tooltip.
    • Fixed issue with getting error messages about the master server when hosting for a very long time.
    • Fixed ALT Zoom double sided cards being mirrored on the back.
    • Fixed issues with unsubscribing from Workshop on Mac & Linux not deleting properly.
    • Fixed issue with grouping poker chips sometimes duplicating.
    • Fixed issue with dummy hidden areas occurring when using the <H> hotkey.
    • Fixed issue with Lan not showing up on server browser.
    • Fixed issue with ALT Zoom not letting you zoom on the sides of the screen with big objects.
    • Fixed issue with searching cutoff names.
    • Fixed issue with ALT Zoom not hiding your 3d pointers.
    • Fixed custom deck issues with using the same urls for different deck settings.
    • Fixed issue with Custom Model/Token falling through table when removed from bag if dropped before loading.
    • Fixed issue with Blindfold disappearing before offscreen.
    • Fixed issue with copy & pasting digital counter bringing back the initial 0’s.
    • Fixed issue with flipping layered cards collision.

Stay up to date on development by following us on [URL="http://twitter.com/berserkgames"]Twitter[/URL] and [URL="http://facebook.com/tabletopsimulator"]Facebook[/URL]!

Multiple States
    • When you hover over an object grouped into States, it will show an icon letting you know.
    • You can use the number hotkeys (1,2,3, etc) to switch between them, or right click to get the States menu.
    • Hovering over each number will tell you what the object is if you named them properly.
    • States are great for making pages in a book, any kind of RPG for characters when they are changing their moods and much MUCH more!

Now that's going to be a great addition to the game.

Colour me impressed with this one.

Fixed ALT Zoom double sided cards being mirrored on the back.
    glad to see the back of this one as well

Another busy Update...As Usual from Team Berserk

Getting some very odd behaviour since the patch. Stuff falling through the table a lot. A model that appears locked, and when I unlock it it vanishes along with several nearby models

Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    Getting some very odd behaviour since the patch. Stuff falling through the table a lot. A model that appears locked, and when I unlock it it vanishes along with several nearby models
    Maybe that's what the recent hotfix fixed? They haven't been publishing hotfix notes lately, kind of annoying.

Witnessed some startlingly strange behaviour in the last 24 hours from the app - not sure if it's related to the new update or not.

i) Custom Tokens are now falling through the table and disppearing permanently after being drawn out of a bag - every one after the first one taken out, and if I copy/paste the first one, the pasted copy does this also.

ii) Some Custom Models set to non-Convex have suddenly started falling through the table also, when they were not doing so previously - when I set them to Convex again in the JSON file this behaviour immediately is fixed - then if I set one of them back to non-Convex inside the TTS app, TTS instantly crashes.

iii) And this the most bizarre one of all - a Locked Custom Model in one app -
    a) When I un-Lock it in the app, it instantly disappears and takes with it any other Custom Models within a few units distance of it (it was not doing this before).
    And b) When I un-Lock it in the JSON file and load the save, the entire table disappears. I don't mean the table image - I mean the actual, Tabletop Simulator Table object itself, hardwired into the app. It's gone - and every un-Locked object starts endlessly falling and respawning over and over, because there's no longer anything for them to sit on.

We've done 2 hotfixes for this patch are objects still falling through the table?

Sorry I posted them on our social media and the Steam forums and forgot to come back here since it was already getting late. But the notes have been posted all around.

First Hotfix:

Fixed cutting deck being the wrong cards.
    Fixed reset deck not working correctly.
    Fixed card removed from the deck being scaled incorrectly.
    Added missing linux file for the Tablet.

Second Hotfix:

Fixed copy pasted tokens falling through world.
    Added other files for Linux Tablet to work (?)
    Facedown decks will now show tooltips properly.
    Added back in blindfold messages (only shown to non-blindfolded people).

Yes, the problem remains.

Definitely still encountering issues.
    Try this workshop mod: [url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=569313343[/url]
    Unlock the blue based greater daemon and then lock and unlock the other models. It gets strange.

Friday Hotfix released to fix some issues:

Fixed collider size issues with Custom Tokens.
    Fixed IRC so hopefully disconnect issues are less problematic.
    Fixed the saved chest menu not closing with the ESC key.
    Added a disconnect message so you know when you disconnect from IRC.
    Added an automatic reconnect to IRC if you type in the global chat when disconnect.

Restart your Steam to get the latest update!

I'm curious why the version number at the bottom isn't updating with any of these hotfixes. Shouldn't this be considered 6.4.3?

For updates that won't break multiplayer we don't like to version number the changes to avoid version mismatch issues while everyone hasn't updated yet.

Custom Token problem is definitely fixed now - many thanks!

Multiple States

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Multiple States
    Question about Multiple States:
    How does one deliberately determine which hotkey identifies with which object?

If I were to group tiles with a number 1-5 on each, and named 1-5 for each, select Create States, it does not match 1 with 1, 2 with 2, 3 with 3, etc.

Is there a naming convention that can be used to be deliberate about this? is it in order of what was selected?

It's the order selected and then the object right clicked becomes the 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskander View Post
    Question about Multiple States:
    How does one deliberately determine which hotkey identifies with which object?

If I were to group tiles with a number 1-5 on each, and named 1-5 for each, select Create States, it does not match 1 with 1, 2 with 2, 3 with 3, etc.

Is there a naming convention that can be used to be deliberate about this? is it in order of what was selected?

I created a section on our Knowledge Base about States. Check it out and let me know if it helps:

[url]http://berserk-games.com/knowledgebase/creating-states[/url]