I'd like to suggest a new tool for the left-hand-side toolbar. My suggestion has two "stages", the first of which should be possible to implement, the second one might not be.

I propose a "Shift All" tool that allows the host (and possibly also players) to shift everything that is on the table in relation to the table on the X-Z-Plane, not in the form of a physics move, but purely as a coordinate translation. No forces or momentum should be applied to the shifted objects, nor should they collide. The shift should include zones, snap points, drawings, etc., and should adjust the X and Z offsets of the grid accordingly. Player hands and the objects therein should be exempt, as should be objects outside the table bounds (e.g. floating trays, DM screens, etc.)

This tool would be useful for card- and tile-placing games that might sprawl in any direction over the course of play, as well as role-playing games where movement of the players through a dungeon necessitates laying new tiles.

One possible problem would be determining what is to be considered "on the table" for the purposes of the shift. Objects that are physically stacked on each other (not as part of a stack object) would have to be caught as well as objects that are touching the table surface. Another problem to be solved is the definition of the "playing surface" bounds of a table, in order to exclude off-table objects and determine the limits of the shift.

The second stage of my suggestion is a more ambitious extension of the above: allow the shift tool to move objects in and out of the "playing surface" area, instead of limiting the move at the edges, thus turning the playing surface of the table into a form of viewport onto a much larger canvas.

Objects that are shifted outside the "playing surface" area should be culled from view and not take part in any physics simulation, but their state and position should be remembered, so that they can be shifted back into view.

The main application I can think of for this extension of the shift tool would be role-playing games, where the game master could prepare larger, less dense maps without having to scale everything down to tiny sizes.