Thread: Game Crashes upon startup

Game Crashes upon startup

I'm not sure if this would qualify as a crash or whatever, but I just bought Tabletop Simulator on Steam during it's sale. After it finished downloading, I started it up, and I'm met with a constant black screen. The longest I've waited for it to continue loading was about 5 minutes, but nothing changed. I'm not very tech savvy, so I don't really know what's wrong or how to fix it on my own. I've asked my friends but I'm not getting much response back from them. So I'm asking here, I'll most likely be able to follow any instructions, as long as they're laid out point by point. Anyways, thanks for helping me, whomever you may be.

If it really is crashing, Tabletop Simulator (on a PC) creates an 'error.log' file in a folder like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator\2016??????

There might be clues in there.

It might also be a memory issue if your system isn't blessed with an abundance of RAM.

Hey Ben_Ditch05, welcome to the community

Dizneyguy's advice is solid and a good place to start.

Also

1. What is your OS?
    2. Did you verify the game cache?
    3. Are your drivers all up to date?
    4. Have you gone through the list [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/discussions/0/558753803802076369/"]here[/URL]?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dizneyguy View Post
    If it really is crashing, Tabletop Simulator (on a PC) creates an 'error.log' file in a folder like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator\2016??????

There might be clues in there.

It might also be a memory issue if your system isn't blessed with an abundance of RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    Hey Ben_Ditch05, welcome to the community

Dizneyguy's advice is solid and a good place to start.

Also

1. What is your OS?
    2. Did you verify the game cache?
    3. Are your drivers all up to date?
    4. Have you gone through the list [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/discussions/0/558753803802076369/"]here[/URL]?

Thanks.
    Thank you both for your help, there was no error.log file showing up so it must not have crashed. I did verify the game cache when I woke up today, about an hour ago, and once doing that seemed to prompt an update, don't know if an update was just released or that it was supposed to update after verifying but it's working now! I can't wait to delve into the world of Tabletop Simulator. Delve is a word right? And it fits here, right? Am I making up words again?

Delve is a word right? And it fits here, right? Am I making up words again?
    Probably more often used by Dwaven adventurers than Table top Junkies but we know where your coming from

and its good to here your up and running