Thread: 3D object scaling

3D object scaling

I have been trying to find an answer to this for a few days now... I know how to import .OBJ files and textures, and I know I can scale 3D objects in game, but can I scale a single .OBJ into multiple sizes prior to using them in game?

What I am trying to do is make a custom series of coins with 3 different sizes. They are all the same model, just different diameters. Do I *need* to make 3 different models for the coins in each size, or can I make one and use it for each size coin? Is there an easier way I can do this, such as using the model for the poker chip with a new texture?

I hope this makes sense. I would appreciate some advice form someone with more experience loading models into TTS.

Thanks.

Hey SlagonDrayer Welcome to the community

To answer your question...No you don't have to make three separate objects if the only thing different about them is the scale.

Simple way of doing it would be spawn one coin to the table then copy it two more times using CTRL C and CTRL V then scale each one to the appropriate size with the + and - keys.

Then one at a time enter each objects Right click menu and save them to your chest each with a different name.

Or if you want a different image on each one bring up the custom tab before you save it and change the diffuse texture to something else if each coin is to have a different image as well as a different size.

Was that any help

any thing not clear just ask away and we'll go into it in more detail.

Ahh, thank you for the quick response! That is exactly what I was looking for, just a way to scale and save so I didn't have to manually scale up each coin every time. I have 4 different materials/textures in 3 different denominations/sizes, so as long as I can save each model with its own texture, size, and name that would be perfect. I noticed many of the pre-made model categories have a quick spawn toolbar at the bottom right of the screen, will my saved coin models show up automatically there, or is that something I would have to manually set up?

Thanks again for the help
    ~S.D.

At this time there is no facility to recreate that mini object tool bar,

so you will need to draw an object from the saved objects section of the Chest.

Other options are to put these objects in a bag and then use the search function to draw the ones you want during your game or use the infinite bags, load each coin into its own infinite bag which allows you to pull as many coins as you want with out effort.

you could even turn each of the coins INTO an infinite bag then load it with a copy of itself so it will look like a coin but when you grab it you come away with a copy and leave what looks like a coin still on the table.

Make sense

Yes. Perfect. Thank you! I will try this tonight and see how it works out.

Thanks again for your quick response and helpfulness!

This worked out perfectly! I had some issues with a strange tint on the object which turned out to be material handling issues. I re-exported my model without a material channel and it came out perfectly. I was able to copy and save all my coins into the game I set up. Thanks again for your help, this is a tricky program for sure, but super fun!