Thread: Make 3D buttons unable to be clicked through objects.

Post Make 3D buttons unable to be clicked through objects.

Currently, you are able to click buttons even if you cannot see them. For example, if I placed a button on one side of a card then flipped the card, I can still click the button.

Example from the workshop: [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690128579"]HERE[/URL]

It makes picking up some objects difficult. Also, I would like it if right clicking a button was ignored instead of treating it like a left click.

These 2 small problems cause miss-clicks often for me.

Yeah, right-click on button can be annoying sometimes.

I Agree

I was gana make a post about this if I didn't see it. But i wholeheartedly agree.

I use this ability to have buttons with images. I use a custom token with the image I want and assign a button to it with a negative 'y' offset so the "real" button is below the surface. Net effect is a usable button with a custom image on it.

At this point, if TTS re-works buttons to not fire through objects, many, many workshops will be broken. Countless mods use art over buttons for more dynamic presentation. If you are having trouble with miss-clicks, lockout the code during the time you do not want the button available. It's a little extra scripting, but it is worth it.

I agree that too many people use it as a feature. But an option to toggle it off would still be nice.

For example, I made a countdown timer on a cube, "screens" made of buttons on 4 sides, and a reset button on top. It is a pain to pick up without accidentally clicking some button or another through the object.