Thread: Custom assets not loading the second time around when saved to a network share

Custom assets not loading the second time around when saved to a network share

Hi,

The first time I join a game, all custom content loads fine. The second time (or for any content dropped into a box that will need reloaded when removed) I get an error:

The correct path for that file would be:

\\gregor\folders$\frymaster\My Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator\Mods\Images

...because my PC is on a domain and my documents folder is on a network share. The files are saved correctly to that location, but seem not to be able to be reloaded afterwards; the solution is to quit the game, delete the files in Mods/Images and Mods/Models, and let them redownload from the server, every single time

Hey Frymaster welcome to the community

Do you have mod caching enabled ?

Hi,

I don't know where the option for that is - but I have noticed an option called "mod save location" which I can switch to my steam directory as a better work around for the problem for now (though obviously that doesn't fix the underlying bug), so thanks for making me look

Hey Frymaster,

I have noticed an option called "mod save location"
    Look one line up on the same menu under Miscellanious there should be a check box labelled Mod Caching

Ah, I see it now, my brain process must have been "Miscellaneous != mod caching, move on"

It's currently ticked, I'm assuming unticking that would also work around this problem?