Thread: Rain, Snow, Fog, Smoke, Dust, Sparks, Steam

Rain, Snow, Fog, Smoke, Dust, Sparks, Steam

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766664690[/url]

Put together these effects as individual, stand-alone things (on small cubes) for those people that want them and don't want to fight with Unity. Great for dropping n your scenes for ambiance. The fog is very thick and will hide things. Enjoy!

That's a very nice start. Dig65

I think we could probably do with a tagged section in the workshop just for Assetbundles there an incredibly versatile tool.

Now I'm looking forward to when we can connect the triggers to scripts

Yeah, I know you and many others are really great with Unity and I can't wait to see what you do when everything is accessible. Scripts will make the possibilities mind blowing.

With these, I am just tying to 1) learn more Unity for myself and 2) get some toys out there for those that aren't into Unity but want some spice for their tables. These seem very flexible. I'm totally into the fog

Bump, I added another mod with some fire. I called it Fire! Fire.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766847272[/url]

Update: This now includes a Lightning Strike (4 strikes of increasing intensity, with sound) and Lightning Ball (like a plasma ball, perfect for magic or mad scientist labs). Both are on transparent cubes, so you don't have to hide/bury them if you don't want to. If you want the cubes visible, you can tint them any color. Enjoy!

Is it possible to trigger these via code? I would totally use them if it is possible.

Some feedback, it'd be great if you could make the other cubes transparent as well. Also, is it possible to make the lightning strikes go only vertically? Viewing them from the top looks very strange right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Is it possible to trigger these via code? I would totally use them if it is possible.
    At the moment we can't access the triggers with scripts...but I'm hopeful we will get to see this happen, as its just too good an opportunity to let slip by .

Its def in the plans. They even have a link to a (not yet existing) scripting page for it haha

Now that we have triggers, I've been playing around with these. So cool!