Thread: Panning controls

Lightbulb Panning controls

Apparently for panning one must use mouse3, and it cannot be rebound. For certain mice, this is a problem (mine has a very "though" middle click - not pleasant at all).

I think the controls could be handled with 2 buttons just fine, if there was a mode where instead of drawing a selection box when you don't click on any object, you pan instead (and you could use modifier keys for multiple selection, which is less common).

Some applications work like that and I feel it works much better if you have to pan constantly (on big boards for example).

I successfully bound it to a different mouse keybind (my mouse has 5), so it is possible to do. I think it's required to be a mouse button though and one thats not assigned so you need a 4+ button mouse. Unfortunately you can't separate panning from zoom toggle so you still pretty much have to navigate with arrow keys if you don't hate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lenzer View Post
    if there was a mode where instead of drawing a selection box when you don't click on any object, you pan instead (and you could use modifier keys for multiple selection, which is less common).
    I'm with you on the mode for moving by dragging with left click, but I think THAT should be on a modifier key. My suggestion is shift+click puts you in "drag mode" which is the same as current middle mouse click. It'd be very easy to do and much more comfortable than middle mouse button. It even works great on laptops !

The toggle zoom key actually also does the pan motion if you want to rebind it.