Thread: Custom objects act like sqares!

Custom objects act like sqares!

Importing "Custom Models" work very well, except every objects I import act like a cube? I made a hexagon for my and Spriggs "Settlers of Catan Figurine edition" and "Catan Cities and Knights" (look it up on workshop). The Hexes wont move into place on the sides. It feels like my object is stuck in an invisible box of some kind.
    Example

I did some tests on a sphere with the same results in both MilkShape and 3ds Max Design 2013. The sphere wont even roll!!! it acts like dice almost. Please help me! I want to finish updating our mod ASAP!

Currently collision is only working for box colliders (automatically calculated), better support will be coming.

I'm pretty sure that's by design at the moment. It doesn't really matter what shape the model is, the game automatically calculates a box collider around it. It basically means the game puts an invisible cube around the model that the actual physics happen with.

[url="http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/7/7d/BGE-Physics-BoundingBox.png"]This[/url] is an illustration of what that means. The monkey head would be what you see in the game, and the box around it is what the game sees.

We're just gonna have to wait a couple more patches down the line for better collision with custom models but I'd rather have them like this (CUSTOM DIIIIICE) than not at all.

I have noticed that the custom model pieces do not collide/stand with their true form. For example, as soon as this update came out I decided to start working on 'Blokus.' However, the game will simply not work because of this:

When and/or will this be addressed? Please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Now with the collision models, How are they going to work in the next patches devs? would it be really accurate? I.E. hex with a some holes in it, which objects can go through and a board with holes to insert cool pegs into and like the chines checkers board already in the game? Or is it going to be restricted just depending on shape even though theirs a hole, Its still collides with another object like it somewhat does currently? (which I hope never stays like this) I would like to know, since I'm made a catan board with hex areas in a board For me and spriggs "Settlers of Caton: Figurine Edition (will be changed to modeled edition soon )!". Thanks in advance.

Picture

http://i.imgur.com/FERX8fK.jpg

KongoBoom said
    When and/or will this be addressed? Please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
    This is something that is planned to be fixed in the future. For right now, though, all objects have a simple box collision around them.

Well I hope it is something that will be adressed soon as it will make the whole importing custom models so much better.