Thread: Is it possible to make it so objects do not snap "ontop" of other objects?

Is it possible to make it so objects do not snap "ontop" of other objects?

When you pick up an object it sorta pops up ontop of other objects.

Is there a way to stop this? On the OBEJCT not on the objects being picked up?

So basically the object still has collision but when you drag other components around the table they do not snap to the top?

I was thinking of making a "invisible dice tower".

MrStump has made a cool mod that kind of "throws" dice out of a bag.. I was playing with it throwing dice into bunch of floating boards that the dice then bounces down and onto the "roll area". The final touch will be to add 100% transparent texture PNG and have no shadows. It looks really cool bouncing around in mid air after been thrown there.

Still, it would be cooler if when you drag components around the table they do not "jump" to the top of the tower.

Anyway to fix that?

Objects have a toggle for auto-raise. That might be what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStump View Post
    Objects have a toggle for auto-raise. That might be what you are looking for.
    My understanding of this tick box is that it sets the object you "pick up" to not bounce to the top.... in like pretty much all cases you want this to happen (or so I have found).

I was wondering if there is a way to set the objects you're "holding" to not bounce to the top of the other objects.. but bounce up on all other objects.. so in my example the "dice tower" is the only thing with the flag.. so it will not bounce to the top of that, but everything will bounce to the top of everything else.?

I am really not sure what you are meaning.

That checkbox causes any item you are actively holding to not be raised up as it passes over objects. If I put a notecard up in the air and checked that box on a token, I could pick up the token and move it under and past the index card without it flying up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStump View Post
    I am really not sure what you are meaning.

That checkbox causes any item you are actively holding to not be raised up as it passes over objects.
    exactly... the check box means that the object WILL NEVER jump to the top when it is picked up... this is a flag on the object "you are picking up"... I'm asking if there is a way to set it to a object that is not being picked up .. just a random objects so EVERY other object will not bounce to the top of it.

For example.. I want all my standies to pop up to the top when dragged around.. but NOT popup to the top of the dice tower. As far as I understand it, if I use this flag on the standies, they will not popup on anything, and if I use it on the dice tower parts it will do nothing as it only effects when you "pick it up"

Sticky in toggles?

So you're looking for the auto-raise property that would disable auto-raise of anything moving over it. I get ya now.

Nope! lol

But if your script is dropping those dice, you could spawn in the collision planes on-demand and, when the dice come to rest, delete them.

Why not uncheck auto raise on all the standies and just raise the global lift height so they clear one another without needing to trigger the Auto raise Function ?