Thread: Animation for bag shuffle

Red face Animation for bag shuffle

It would be nice to have a little animation when you shuffle a bag.

Nothing big, just a little rocking animation that's real quick or something else, but good for when you don't want to have any sound on and need to confirm that it actually shuffled

yea like wiggle or bounce or something
    also some people can't hear audio clues

If you wanted, I could write a little bag jiggling script you put onto a bag so when you take objects out of it or put them in it does a little wiggle, or has pulsing highlight or something

Yea that would be great in the meantime, but would still be nice to have as a default of TTS. It's annoying to have to copy a specific bag every time with the script

The nice bit is you can apply this script to any bag and it should work. In theory.

How would you prefer the visual indicator work? I have about 4 ideas:
    1. Highlighted a solid color for a second.
    2. Have the highlight turn a bright, solid color and then fade to black/greyscale and turn off over a second.
    3. Have it change position of the bag slightly, popping it left/right of its start position for 1/2 a second or a second. Not a lot of movement, just a little shimmy.
    4. Have it change the rotation of the bag slightly, popping it left/right of its starting rotation for 1/2 a second or a second. Again, more shimmy.

Thoughts? Also, it might be possible to make an object that injects this bag script onto any/all bags/infinite bags on a table without much more trouble. Let you set up a whole table for shimmying action in a few seconds.

Oh, and nothing against this suggestion, I just saw a fun scripting problem =)

You can't really intercept shuffle event MrStump. The script would have to watch it contents in an update() or whatever.

I had some ideas I wanted to fiddle with that effect =) But I want to figure out the effect first so if one of my ideas does work out then I'll have something to do