Thread: New workshop upload failure

New workshop upload failure

I have been trying to upload a mod to my Steam workshop for the past two weeks. I already have one item up, so I have done it before. I do not get an error message, but rather I attempt to upload, see the "beginning upload to workshop" message, and then nothing happens. I have a decent internet connection (10-15 mbps on average), and have left the "upload" sitting for close to an hour, just to make certain it is not impatience (although my existing mod is MUCH larger, and took perhaps a minute). I get no error message, I have restarted Steam multiple times, the program is not crashing.

I am currently running Windows 10 - 64 bit - version 1703.

I believe that steam may have an individual filesize limit. Maybe you have a giant element or more that are stalling the process?

Quote Originally Posted by MrStump View Post
    I believe that steam may have an individual filesize limit. Maybe you have a giant element or more that are stalling the process?
    There are no large elements that I am aware of. There is nothing that is larger than items in my other uploaded workshop mod. It is literally a 38 card deck, with an imgur link providing the faces (which I am pretty sure means it is using a smallish jpeg).

well you could always delete things from your table (save before hand of course) and keep retrying till you figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flolania View Post
    well you could always delete things from your table (save before hand of course) and keep retrying till you figure it out.
    Thanks for the idea! I think it worked. At the very least, it will allow me to identify the offending file.