Thread: [urgent] - Atom has stopped "reloading" after save?

[urgent] - Atom has stopped "reloading" after save?

I am having a strange issue that just started happening...

I can use GET LUA SCRIPTS.... but when ever I use SAVE AND PLAY... it saves the data back to the TTS save file correctly.. but Atom no longer "reloads"... I need to close atom and go "get lua scripts" again to continue working?

Any ideas what is going on?

i have tried a completely fresh install of Atom and the Plugin.

Code:
    Uncaught Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\TabletopSimulator\Tabletop Simulator Lua\Global.-1.ttslua'
        at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:584:18)
        at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as openSync] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20)
        at FileHandler.create (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:230:14)
        at readFilesFromTTS (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:326:11)
        at handleMessage (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:1450:7)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:1632:9)
        at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
        at Socket.emit (events.js:191:7)
        at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:178:18)
        at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:136:10)
        at TCP.onread (net.js:560:20)
    I get this error message!

demo - [url]https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFe0cHDyEb[/url]

Still getting the same error.... it looks like it can not write files? I have tried using ADMINISTRATOR mode to load both TTS and Atom...

Code:
    Unable to open 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\TabletopSimulator\Tabletop Simulator Lua\Global.-1.ttslua'
    EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\TabletopSimulator\Tabletop Simulator Lua\Global.-1.ttslua'

Still no luck on this.... any help would be really cool as it basically means I can no longer mod with out relearning a new workflow..

Is there any alternatives apps that integrate?

I have managed to get the error down to a easy replicated form.. but do not know how to fix...

EXAMPLE: [url]https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFe0evDyNb[/url]

In this example...

• I load TTS and load a test file.
    • I load Atom and fetch the scripts. (I have the console open)
    • I make a small change and send it back to TTS
    • TTS gets the change, but the "auto load fails" and throws the error message below.
    • If I try to get fetch the scripts again, I get the same error message

Code:
    fs.js:584 Uncaught Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\TabletopSimulator\Tabletop Simulator Lua\Auto-Spawner.653c76.ttslua'
        at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:584:18)
        at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as openSync] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:173:20)
        at FileHandler.create (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:230:14)
        at readFilesFromTTS (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:326:11)
        at handleMessage (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:1450:7)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/User/.atom/packages/tabletopsimulator-lua/lib/tabletopsimulator-lua.coffee:1632:9)
        at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
        at Socket.emit (events.js:191:7)
        at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:178:18)
        at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:136:10)
        at TCP.onread (net.js:560:20)
    If I completely close and open Atom I can fetch the scripts. I have tried loading Atom and TTS in admin mode or not and in combinations.

There is no save file... well I mean I could make you one.. but a completely blank table loaded into atom dose the same thing.

There has to be a save file. When you try to Save & Play without one you should see an error message "Error no save found. You must load a save first."

Do you mean the TTS save file? As I can make one for you.. like I said it happens even on a brand new scene in TTS.

Yeah, TTS save file.

Here is a TTS save file
    [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmafuwpfg0ui5u5/TS_Save_792.json?dl=0[/url]

Works fine for me: I load it, save&play, make a change, save&play, get scripts, save&play, get scripts, make a change, save&play; no problems.

The fact it's a permission issue makes me think it's something specific about your computer setup that's wrong. Is your user account really called "User"?

yeah I think it is a permissions issue.

yeah it is user.

the problem seems to be something to do with the loading.. it is just the "reloading" part.... it is storing stuff in "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Tabletopsimulato r" is there anywhere else?

I'm going to try installing the "portable" version of atom.. so it is not all installed in the system folders... maybe that will help... still it seems the issue is something to do with the tmp folder

Though I even tried making a system link folder in one attempt to link the tmp folder to my d:

So no idea as to what the fix for this may be?

I finally got this working... using a custom build of Atom.. that is "portable" but adds path information into the registry... it allows you to install in any location on the hdrives and stores all the data locally in that directory.

[url]https://github.com/RedFantom/atom-windows-installer/releases[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    I finally got this working... using a custom build of Atom.. that is "portable" but adds path information into the registry... it allows you to install in any location on the hdrives and stores all the data locally in that directory.

[url]https://github.com/RedFantom/atom-windows-installer/releases[/url]
    thanks man, i was facing exactly the same problem and found no solution either..

A good workaround, make sure your firewall isn't blocking the internal traffic

How did you make atom to use a different directory?
    I am facing the problem that Atom don't seems to have permission to read from the file after it has "Save and play".
    Skärmklipp.jpg
    I downloaded the modified Atom via your link but don't know what to do after that.
    It seemed to be similar to your problem Tragic, but i can't make your solution to work for me and I think I have missed something or did something wrong?

Try the default official PORTABLE version.. : [url]https://github.com/garethflowers/atom-portable/releases/tag/v1.24.1[/url]

You may also need to go though and COMPLETELY remove the original install. I do not recommend using these all the times but for annoying apps like Atom that like to install in your user directories and put keys all over your registry.. they can help..
    uninstall all trace with - [url]https://geekuninstaller.com/[/url]

Finally, I would go into your temp dir and delete everything in there... THEN run the portable version.
    C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp

(PS: I am a windows user.. so this info is for windows 10)