Thread: MacOS Catalina Support (64-bit)?

MacOS Catalina Support (64-bit)?

Hi,

I just installed steam on a mac running Catalina (the latest version of OSX) and was sad to see that tabletop simulator wouldn't run due to being 32-bit.

Are there any plans to offer a 64-bit version that will run on Catalina?

Regarding of what steam says, Catalina does support Tabletop Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by astutecat View Post
    Hi,

I just installed steam on a mac running Catalina (the latest version of OSX) and was sad to see that tabletop simulator wouldn't run due to being 32-bit.

Are there any plans to offer a 64-bit version that will run on Catalina?
    Yeah I have this same question. I can start the game in catalina, but I get weird graphical artifacts.

So whats new about this issue? I am on MacOS Catalina and I want to buy Tabletop Simulator, but no answer if it really works or if there will be an update to make it work.

Can anyone comment on this? Does it or does it not work on Steam on MacOS 10.15?

This post is coming up on google searches so replying here
    According to this, TTS has been 64-bit only for Mac and Linux since 2017 - since Catalina only affects 32-bit steam apps, should be fine

https://steamcommunity.com/games/TabletopSimulator/announcements/detail/562230352003776466

Re: eitce, for your weird graphics issue are you sure it's a Catalina issue? Technically if it's related to 32/64 bit issue you won't even be able to run the app
    Have you tried disabling mod caching and reloading the game board?

Oxy,

How would you go about doing this? I m getting the same issues as eitice, where I can run the program but awful artifacting making it impossible to use. I cannot even get to the main menus at the moment.

It definitely seems to be related to Catalina in some way, just not sure how. My friend's Mac is still on an older OS and runs fine. My old laptop worked fine as well (last update before Catalina, but that was stolen so unfortunately I'm now stuck on a new one with Catalina).

Anyone have any solutions they have come across?

Quote Originally Posted by oxydaemon View Post
    This post is coming up on google searches so replying here
    According to this, TTS has been 64-bit only for Mac and Linux since 2017 - since Catalina only affects 32-bit steam apps, should be fine

https://steamcommunity.com/games/TabletopSimulator/announcements/detail/562230352003776466

Re: eitce, for your weird graphics issue are you sure it's a Catalina issue? Technically if it's related to 32/64 bit issue you won't even be able to run the app
    Have you tried disabling mod caching and reloading the game board?

Check to see that your graphics drivers are up to date. If that does not help, you could try running it in a Microsoft Windows Virtual Machine

Hey all, I just updated and I'm having the same problem - it seems that Steam erroneously assumes that games that can run both 32 and 64 should run 32 - I believe that it's something TTS will have to fix in their steam settings.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/dps5uz/anyone_else_seeing_your_current_macos_catalina_is/

Help us out TTS?

B

Weirdly it works in a window and not fullscreen for all of you having this problem!

Hi All,
    Newbie here. I'm also on a Mac with Catalina, hoping to run games on TTS. I have a couple questions I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for:
    1) Are there any official updates to this issue? Can I plunk down the $$ understanding that my operating system is supported?
    2) Anyone try running the Gloomhaven simulator with Catalina and TTS?
    Sure appreciate any help or suggestions. The virus lockdown is brutal with the cabin fever...
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnieBGood View Post
    Hi All,
    Newbie here. I'm also on a Mac with Catalina, hoping to run games on TTS. I have a couple questions I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for:
    1) Are there any official updates to this issue? Can I plunk down the $$ understanding that my operating system is supported?
    2) Anyone try running the Gloomhaven simulator with Catalina and TTS?
    Sure appreciate any help or suggestions. The virus lockdown is brutal with the cabin fever...
    Thanks.
    Hi Folks,
    I can report that I took the plunge, hoping things would work out.
    Which they did! Seems like TTS works fine for the moment on my MacBook Pro running Catalina. I've got the Gloomhaven simulator running, and seems to be fine.
    Best,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrakers View Post
    Weirdly it works in a window and not fullscreen for all of you having this problem!
    Hi

I just bought this today (4 Apr 20), running it in Catalina on a MacBook Pro. At first the image was "sliced up" and the game was unplayable. But once I took it out of fullscreen, as you say, it was then playable! Thanks!