Thread: foolproof Camera switching

foolproof Camera switching

hey there lovely folks of Berserk.

i like setting up multiple cameras in my play sessions to make it easy to switch between views using Shift-#, particularly on large/complex tables.

however, since the shortcut for setting a camera is Ctrl-#, i often end up accidentally setting/overwriting an existing camera when trying to switch views by hitting Ctrl instead of Shift.

my suggestion: Ctrl-# still works for setting a camera, but if that camera number already exists, you get an overwrite warning with a Yes/No proceed message.

this would save me a lot of headaches, and hopefully others feel the same. thanks!

isaacq

For Workshops/Mods where the positions you want to be able to swap between are fixed, you can create a very simple GUI menu that jumps to those fixed presets. This is what I use in my RPG framework.
    You can make this somewhat dynamic by making the view switch based on an object (i.e. to look at the area around the object). For example, in my RPG framework I have a button which automatically changes the camera view to an over-the-shoulder view of the player's character. No matter where the character is. It even compensates for facing so the camera's direction changes based on the facing (rotation) of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAshes View Post
    For Workshops/Mods where the positions you want to be able to swap between are fixed, you can create a very simple GUI menu that jumps to those fixed presets. This is what I use in my RPG framework.
    that's really neat LordAshes. i haven't quite got the hang of UI creation yet. by any chance is your RPG framework in the workshop so i can study it for ideas?