Thread: Question - Can multiple people add new assets and work on a single mod?

Question - Can multiple people add new assets and work on a single mod?

Hello. Currently I'm going to try to transfer my brand new tabletop rpg game that I'm developing with my friends into the TTS. There is enough tutorials to get us started and all, but I can't find an answer to my question. So, to further explain, what I want to know is if there is a possibility that multiple people (for example me and my 2 friends) can work on a same mod? (adding stuff, changing the mod and have general admin privilege of the mod)
    Basically, can there be only one mod creator that needs to do all by himself or can there be more of us that can work and edit the mod, adding our own miniatures, models, terrains and all other assets? https://scrabblewordfinder.vip https://www.applock.ooo https://www.7zip.vip
    Last edited by MontieFernandes; 11-23-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Yes. There are two methods:

1. Have one player host a multi player server with the mod. When the co-creator connects to the game, promote them so they have more privileges. This way two or more users can create at the same time. Just be careful not to be editing the same things at the same time because, as far as I know, TTS does not have any exclusion features (meaning that if two people edit the same thing the last save wins).

2. Have each user work on their own server creating a part of the game. Then when each is ready, copy one player's workshop (mod) to the other player's computer. Have that player load his version of the mod and then use the Additive Load to combine the two games into one workshop (mod). For example, User 1 creates Mod 1 on his local computer. User 2 created Mod 2 on her local computer. Now User 2 copies Mod 2 to User 1's computer. User 1 starts TTS and loads Mod 1 and then uses the Additive Load to combine it with Mod 2. The result is a mod that combines Mod 1 and Mod 2. Save as you have just joined the collaborative work of two users. This allows multiple users to work on pieces of the global workshop (mod) without needing to work at the same time.