Thread: 1 year still no fix for Linux Voicechat

Thumbs up 1 year still no fix for Linux Voicechat

It's been at least one year and the voice chat is still disabled on Linux because of a game-crashing bug (as indicated by the -novoicechat launch option, which is set after the start).

What is taking so long?? This makes the game totally unplayable with strangers as you're not even told if someone is speaking (the speaker icons on the top left), instead we're getting a dark theme.

The corresponding twitter post seems to have been removed too.

Basically the game works better on Proton instead. With that level of support you should just scrap the Linux version entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Neato View Post
    It's been at least one year and the voice chat is still disabled on Linux because of a game-crashing bug (as indicated by the -novoicechat launch option, which is set after the start).

What is taking so long?? This makes the game totally unplayable with strangers as you're not even told if someone is speaking (the speaker icons on the top left), instead we're getting a dark theme.

The corresponding twitter post seems to have been removed too.
    I have the same problem...

Long time linux user here. Thanks for the tip about proton. I was able to get voice chat working from my manjaro laptop finally! For those who are interested, I was using the steam provided 4.11-9 to launch tabletop.

We just use Discord for our chat. It has more features than the TS voice chat anyway. Of course if you are just joining other people's game (i.e. not a regular group) then this remains a problem.