Thread: Is it possible to combine hotseat with "multiplayer"?

Question Is it possible to combine hotseat with "multiplayer"?

My wife and I (on separate computers) would like to play with another couple over the internet - but they only have one computer. They would need to be able to play hotseat on their end, connected to my wife and I (separately) over the internet.

Is that possible?

I have the exact same question...

Quote Originally Posted by bbacher View Post
    My wife and I (on separate computers) would like to play with another couple over the internet - but they only have one computer. They would need to be able to play hotseat on their end, connected to my wife and I (separately) over the internet.

Is that possible?
    I'm looking to have this answered as well (in my case both locations would like to use "hotseat" for multiple players)...

A friend of mine made the following possible suggestion: "Not really. I looked at the same idea. It does support "hot seat" multiplayer and the only way I've figured out to do multi-endpoint hotseat is by sharing your screen and allowing remote control of your system to the other household. Not ideal but doable maybe."

It also occurs to me that if all the game pieces are on the table, then it should work fine... it's the same as sitting at a real table. You'll just have to deal with the game not handling turns for you, the players' names are not all shown, you'll have to rotate the view for the other player, etc. etc. But, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work if all the pieces are there and that particular mod isn't dependent on scripts/code in some way. For instance, if the game cards are hidden somewhere and the mod depends on you pressing a button to deal them, it won't work.