Thread: How do I play a specific game, e.g. Lords of Waterdeep?

Unhappy How do I play a specific game, e.g. Lords of Waterdeep?

I downloaded the workshop (is that what they're really called?) for "Lords of Waterdeep - Master Edition". I've owned TTS for years but never really used it. I know want to create a game and play it.

I am completely confused as to what to do. All the tutorials I've seen either talk about basic controls or about creating a game. Aren't there tutorials for the games themselves? I know how to play LoW, but I can't figure out how to play it with TTS. I've heard some games have scripting. How can I tell what scripts there are and what they do? If I want to play LoW, do I really need to manually move all of the components one-by-one into place? It just seems extremely inefficient.

Also, how do I remove the editing buttons on my screen (e.g. vector paint, line, etc)? I don't want to edit the game, I want to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by tabicat View Post
    I downloaded the workshop (is that what they're really called?) for "Lords of Waterdeep - Master Edition". I've owned TTS for years but never really used it. I know want to create a game and play it.

I am completely confused as to what to do. All the tutorials I've seen either talk about basic controls or about creating a game. Aren't there tutorials for the games themselves? I know how to play LoW, but I can't figure out how to play it with TTS. I've heard some games have scripting. How can I tell what scripts there are and what they do? If I want to play LoW, do I really need to manually move all of the components one-by-one into place? It just seems extremely inefficient.

Also, how do I remove the editing buttons on my screen (e.g. vector paint, line, etc)? I don't want to edit the game, I want to play it.
    Ok, taking it step by step: Folks mostly call them "mod"s or just games.

get on the web and look at the tutorials from overboard games
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNw52Xh4Rwo
    is a good start.
    next, decide if you are comfortable with some (very) basic coding. go to the modding menu and choose "Scripting"
    this will reveal any custom scripts in the mod.
    If you haven't already, go to the steam workshop for tabletop simulator, and look at the information provided by the author of any mod you want to play. That is where folks usually put information about their mod
    Of course the best mods now come with a PDF object with every thing you need to know about the mod :-) Uh huh.

Bottom line is, if it isn't a DLC game you paid for then the quality is exactly what the author put in. I often find a mod I want to play, then add my own ideas to it, and put that out as a step toward perfection...