Thread: custom table hangs

custom table hangs

Hi, so having spent all morning putting something together, my table now hangs when I try to load the saved state, and also the autosave does too. I noticed no strange behavior before the save and closing it. The table appears to load with all the objects, and the mp3 player plays.

Windows 8.1 steam update version 12.4

I have dropped my graphics to low, that hasn't helped, rebooted that hasn't helped, tried additive load which also hung the PC. I'd attach a DXdiag file .. but ... it's too large ... ?

So having tried re creating it all from scratch .. it's done it again.

I have a strong feeling it's the scripts doing it. Having gone through testing items I'm using D&D 3.5 Character Sheet Pg1&2 from the workshop. This with 10 plus copies of it .. sems to cause long delays on running scripts
    Last edited by flyinghitcher; 07-03-2020 at 08:37 AM.

I suggest saving frequently, so that you have a recent working save before the hangs become a problem. Also whatever you were doing is most likely cause. You mention slowdowns after adding 10 D&D character sheets. I would put two in, and analyze what they are doing, I suspect some seriously inefficient scripting... Once you narrow down the cause(s) we can begin to look into the scripts to determine how to fix.

Thanks for the response cche

I'm pretty sure it's this bulky script doing it, so if you can suggest some edits to it, or another best practice for keeping / recording info on characters within tabletop sim, it would be appreciated.
    Code can be found on pastebin
    https://pastebin.com/W0Qi5QZr