Thread: Steam P2P session failed - Ubuntu 20.04

Steam P2P session failed - Ubuntu 20.04

Hi there,

I've just switched up my rig and am now using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as my OS.

I'm having connection issues on TTS. I was playing with two friends and being disconnected every couple of minutes. I don't remember the exact error message, but something like Steam P2P session failed, and being asked to check antivirus/firewall/internet. Interestingly, it didn't seem to happen when there were only two of us, and this seems to have been the case later when I tried another game (joined with just one other person, was fine for about 5m, then dropped about 1m after another joined).

I'm on Ubuntu so haven't installed an antivirus/firewall. Pretty sure my internet connection is stable - I was running Zoom on a laptop nearby the whole time.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

(P.S. I have another problem too: my scroll wheel seems to be inverted, in TTS only. I'd read others saying they had this issue with the Linux version and it seems to be have been left unfixed for quite a long time.)

Could this be related to this? https://forums.tabletopsimulator.com/showthread.php?9106-Internet-speed-plummets-only-when-TTS-is-running&p=29418#post29418

Thanks for your help. So I did two things since posting this: firstly, I was having graphics card issues, so I've now changed my graphicscard. I'm also now running TTS on Windows.

It might just be an issue with the Linux port. Another annoying thing which I apparently couldn't change was the scroll wheel being inverted in the Linux version. It was more effort than it's worth, so I just boot up Windows now when I play TTS and all of the issues seem to have gone away.