Thread: Making card games in the fastest way possible! Is TTS over the top?

Making card games in the fastest way possible! Is TTS over the top?

I want to make card games as quickly as possible. I don't want to program anything. I want to be a host, share my screen and just let friends control my screen when it's their turn to play the game.

How might I fare by using Table Top Simulator for this? Can it be used in such a simple way or is it not really designed for this scenario?

At the moment, I'm thinking about just using desktop publishing software and moving undelt cards off the screen. Is Tabletop Simulator over the top for this? These are mostly my own DIY games I use for teaching.

TTS allows you to make decks by creating what I call "deck sheets" up to 7 cards by 10. You import them and can mix together decks to make bigger card sets. There is definitely a learning curve to using the game, both for the maker and for the players, who will also need to own the game; the reward is a very good feeling of being at the card table and enjoying a social connection. If you are teaching in a class environment, you will only need as many licenses as computers in the lab. To make a new deck of cards, most of your time will go into the deck face images; the rest is a minute or less per 69 cards. (the 70th is used as the hidden card image seen when another player looks at your cards). So it is overkill if your users are strictly casual and not board game players in general. If they like board games it is a GREAT investment.

I also want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by 4tcgsdhyrj View Post
    I want to make card games as quickly as possible. I don't want to program anything. I want to be a host, share my screen and just let friends control my screen when it's their turn to play the game.

How might I fare by using Table Top Simulator for this? Can it be used in such a simple way or is it not really designed for this scenario?

At the moment, I'm thinking about just using desktop publishing software and moving undelt cards off the screen. Is Tabletop Simulator over the top for this? These are mostly my own DIY games I use for teaching.
    Tell me, please, what success have you achieved in your goal?