Thread: VR White Arrow Mode

VR White Arrow Mode

Sometimes when I hover over an object in the TTS game and use the grab button on my VR controller instead of picking up the item a white arrow appears. If i then move the controller this white arrow seems to grow depending on how far away from the item I move the controller. It also points from where the controller is to the object I was hovering over.

If I then let go of the grab button the object seems to be pushed. The longer the white arrow was the harder the item is pushed.

I have no idea how I get into this mode and once I am in it I don't know how to get out of it except to close TTS and start over.

Can someone tell me what this mode is, how I am getting into this mode and most important how to get out?

I am using TTS for SteamVR with an Oculus Quest 2 over Virtual Desktop. It works great except some of the mappings with the Quest controllers and Rift controllers don't line up well.

Maybe you should reset the VR controller.

Resetting the VR controller is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tpitman View Post
    Sometimes when I hover over an object in the TTS game and use the grab button on my VR controller instead of picking up the item a white arrow appears. If i then move the controller this white arrow seems to grow depending on how far away from the item I move the controller. It also points from where the controller is to the object I was hovering over.

If I then let go of the grab button the object seems to be pushed. The longer the white arrow was the harder the item is pushed.

I have no idea how I get into this mode and once I am in it I don't know how to get out of it except to close TTS and start over.

Can someone tell me what this mode is, how I am getting into this mode and most important how to get out?

I am using TTS for SteamVR with an Oculus Quest 2 over Virtual Desktop. It works great except some of the mappings with the Quest controllers and Rift controllers don't line up well.
    Did ben_john's advice help you solve your problem?

Have you solved the problem?

I think you are in the flick mode. If you switch back to the grab tool on the top left, you should be good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by dfazzini1 View Post
    I think you are in the flick mode. If you switch back to the grab tool on the top left, you should be good to go!
    What kind of mode is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    What kind of mode is that?
    It's a manipulation mode that's possible in the non-VR version of the game too. Look in the top-left of the interface (on a wall in VR), and you'll see a vertical column of tools. The top one is "Grab" and a few down from it is "Flick". "Flick" is for games like mini golf or Crokinole where you "pull back" and launch a piece physically as part of the game.

In the default controller binding, if you move the d-pad/joystick to the left it selects the Grab tools, and if you move it right it selects the Flick tool. So, if you accidentally selected "Flick", try either rocking the d-pad/joystick to the left, or using the laser pointer to select the "Grab" tool in the top-left of the UI.